Thursday, April 26, 2012

Today is my last day in Good Relations at the Belfast City Council :(. I am really sad because I have grown really close to these people and have learned so much from them. I think that the hardest thing about leaving Belfast is knowing that I may never see these people again. However, I have been looking at Queens and Jordanstown law schools here in Belfast so maybe in a couple of years when I finish SMU I may return to do my law degree (Yes that means that I would live here). But, I have some time to make this decision. The people that I work with surprised me on Tuesday with a "going away" type of party. They tricked me into thinking we were having tea time at 3, which would not be an abnormal thing here. There were some tears shed as reality set in that these people have changed my life in so many ways, and that like I said I will never see them again. Tea time was not a joke though, we had tea/coffee, brownies, and little chocolate rolls. They staff in good relations was very generous and gave me a silver necklace with a little diamond in the middle of St. Bridget cross, an official Belfast City Council pen, and a black leather purse. After I opened the gifts and card they wanted me to give a speech, so of course I whipped out my 4-H speaking skills and gave them a speech. Little did the staff know that I had been planning on giving them something the next day. Being I grew up and am Minnesota nice (the people in my group think i am SO Minnesotan) I had got them monster cookies over the weekend, as well as wrote each of them a thank you note. So Wednesday morning I came in a little early to drop off the cookies and thank you notes. They were both a big hit because the cookies were so big they called them American sized cookies which I thought was very funny. Tonight I have to pack up my room (which will consist of throwing stuff into suit cases) so that I can move back to Portrush tomorrow.

I am not sure if I will blog again before I leave because we don't have internet access in the flat in Portrush. So if I don't thanks to everyone who read my blog! This summer I will continue to work at Sun Place tanning, take two summer classes, be a Centennial Leader at SMU, catch up with friends, live in Winona, and finally be interning with the Winona County Attorney's Office. Yup I will be a busy girl this summer, but I am excited for it.

P.S. Now that I am international student I feel the need to take another semester abroad.......... So I am looking into going to Australia in February- July of next year! I have to check through the school first to see if they will accept the program. Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment