Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 1

 View out my window in Balleycastle.
 OK so I think this picture is funny because they seriously call their bathroom that "bath" room so we have to say toilet instead of bathroom.






















 Here is my room in Ballycastle that I share with another girl




 The stuff that looks like clouds in the background is Scotland. Its really close.
 The ocean is right below where we are staying for a few nights and the waves are pretty violent.
I got here safely!! My flight went out yesterday at 7:55 (well it was supposed to), but United bumped me to the next flight going out at 9:15 which was totally OK because a girl from SMU was on that flight. Since United needed to bump me they gave me a $400 credit voucher and meal money to accommodate me which was awesome because I now think I need to go on vacation again!! I had an eight hour layover in Newark, NJ  with Rhea and Jackson, that was an entertaining eight hours because Rhea was carrying a duffel bag and the long handle snapped off which I thought was really funny. It all worked out OK though because she just bought a new suitcase in the airport which was a pretty penny. But the fun didn't stop there because before we left of the six hour flight to Belfast we went to a little convince store to get water and a snack, well my totally came to $7 and Rhea's came to $27, which I thought was high but the store lady said she was right and "included a free book" which I am pretty sure she paid for. The flight went fast I had two seats to use so that was nice, and we also got served supper and breakfast on the plane. When we finally got out of the airport with our bags and such. Nigel (program director)  picked us up in a "bus" and took us to Port Rush where are student housing is. I live in a flat that i very colorful with two other girls and Jackson. The flat has two bathrooms, living room, and a kitchen, as well as each of us have our own bedroom. We had to leave our stuff there except one bag and go to the University to get our ID cards. Then finally we got back in the "bus" to go to Balleycastle where we are now staying until Monday to get to know one another and go over the program. Nigel took us to a really beautiful cliff that you can see Scotland from. Well I am off to bed now.... don't forget I am six hours ahead of you all now.

No comments:

Post a Comment