Saturday, February 25, 2012

We moved to Belfast yesterday. It was a long journey here about 2 hours or so because we had to drop off Jackson at Corrymeela for his internship and then to Belfast,so I spent the better part of my afternoon in the "beast". When we got to Belfast we went straight to Stranmills University where the people in Belfast will be staying. Stranmills is a campus that is connected to Queens University which is just down the road from us. Nigel took us to a Tesco grocery store, and let me tell you that grocery store is like Walmart's grocery section on massive steroids, there is an escalator for your carts because there are two levels of shopping to do. Nigel was surprised that we were all so overwhelmed by how big it was because he just assumed that we had bigger in the states. We couldn't buy a whole lot at the grocery store that had to be kept cold because in our flat we only have a mini fridge for the six of us girls, but Nigel took care of that and is having the University deliver a full size fridge and freezer this week!! We all got settled in last night and took it pretty easy, we were all very excited about having full time internet access!! O an here are some pictures from my room in Portrush!!
 Bed in Portrush (also a drying rack for my pants)
 The rest of my room
 Kitchen In Portrush
 Living room in Portrush
 Hallway in Portrush
 Bathroom in Portrush
 Portrush
 Portrush
 Portrush
 Queens University
 I think YES!!
 Massive Nutella
 Stranmills University (where I live)
Dessert that I got at the Farmers market!!

Today (Saturday) I started my day off with a long run to the city center where I will be working, its about a forty minute walk one way or 2 1/2 miles which was not to bad. The weather was so beautiful today, the sun was out and no wind which is a very rare thing here. After that we all decided as a flat to go for a walk around the city and see what was around, we found a few pubs that look interesting as well as a few restaurants. We then went to Saint Georges farmers market to see how that was, it was my first time experiencing a farmers market, and it was a pretty good time. I got a Crepe to eat since it was around lunch time when we went, I also bought six muffins for five pounds. I could not resist I have the biggest sweet tooth ever and they were just calling my name. The muffins did not make a very good journey home they all kind of tipped over, but they are still completely edible enough for me to eat!! Tonight we are going to try out one of the pubs that we found. I am getting pretty nervous about my internship on Monday, but it should all work out once I get there. 

1 comment:

  1. Just catching up on your blog. Looks like you're enjoying yourself. Can't wait to hear about your internship.

    ReplyDelete