Saturday, February 4, 2012

Day 3 & 4

On Friday we just talked about the program and did some group bonding and team building for most of the morning. We usually eat at about 9am and then have a tea/coffee break about 11am ( which is something I can get used to). I am an avid tea drinker now usually a cup of coffee at breakfast and tea all day long. The meals at Ballycastle are cooked for us which is nice because once we get back to Portrush on Monday we have to cook our own meals. Friday afternoon we went to some cliffs and walked around and climbed on those... it was pretty fun but really cold and windy with the ocean being right next to us. Friday night we sat around and "craked" which in N. Ireland is just "shooting the shit". I have learned some pretty cool phrases such as "wanna poke" is wanna get an ice cream cone. Where is the "hole in the wall" means where is the ATM. "Whats gets you on" is whats happening. We stayed up till about 11:30pm my time which would be about 5:30 PM your time which was not a good idea because I still have jet leg.





























 Rhea (SMU)







Saturday we did more team bonding and and got to know more about the program as well. We will be picking our internship tomorrow so I am pretty excited about that. This afternoon after lunch and some more talking about the program we went to a pub in downtown Ballycastle where we of course do what you do when go to a pub. I had my first three "legal" drinks here which was the highlight of my night. The bar was almost taller than I am!! Nigel brought us to the beach after that to pick some stones, so I got a couple of pretty cool ones. I wanted to go swimming so bad but it is a little to cold right now, so maybe in month or so. Well that is all for now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment